McGREWS: Making custom corsets for 20 YEARS.
And for more than 14 years in the Salt Lake City area and beyond, we’ve been providing custom services to every sort of community you can possibly imagine (and to some you probably can’t imagine).
Our services are widely known and clients consider our shop a destination for the best fitting custom work with attention to all the details.
We encourage visitors.
In fact, we insist on visitors, because the only way to achieve perfect style, fit and function is to make a custom pattern for each client. That person then needs to be available for three fittings.
If you’re a discriminating enthusiast, we advise that 1) you accept no substitutes, 2) that you never buy a corset online without trying it on first, and 3) that you quit reading other people’s uninformed conjecture and bad websites about corseting.
Services we offer include:
- Corsets for tightlacing and waist-training made from two coutil layers and internal petersham waistband. Real spring steel corset stays or combo with spiral stays, plus lacing stays that the grommets actually are installed through for long-term structural integrity and beauty.
- Corsets as elegant outerwear (we welcome you to visit so you can see and try on samples).
- Corsets for men and women, all sexes and genders, big and tall, specialty purpose, for all forms and functions (let your imagination roam).
- Historically accurate corsets to be worn under period costumes so your silhouette is correct (you wouldn’t want to go to all the trouble of dressing in historic costume then letting your figure just do anything it wants, right?).
- Corsets with plenty of details from which you can choose, including laser or hand-cut leathers, custom embroidery, buckles, colored busks, hardware and fasteners, etc. Hand-painting, stencil and airbrushing services are also something you might enjoy. Your favorite design, symbol or motif can become a part of your new corset, custom bodice or costume.